Sunday 14 August 2016

OLYMPIC BOOK TAG

I love Summer Olympic Games! It has always been a big thing in my family when we watch together and cheer for all sportsmen and sportswomen from our country. (Sadly, this year a big time difference between Rio and Prague plays its role and I am unable to watch as often as I wish to.) So when I saw this awesome book tag at Metaphors and Moonlight book blog (created by It Starts at Midnight) I knew that I had to do it!

* Graphics courtesy of It Starts at Midnight and shout out to Smashing Magazine for the freebie sports icons!





* ANGELFALL by SUSAN EE *
I loved dark view on angels that author decided to pursue in this book from very beginning! 




* ON THE ROAD by JACK KEROUAC *
This amazing classic is always first on my mind when it comes to road trip stories.




Let me think..hmm...no...such book does not exist. I simply despise love triangles.




* INTO THE DIM by JANET B. TAYLOR *
This book contains of insta-love, boring plot, shallowly written one-dimensional characters and stupid narrator. Not very attractive combination, right?





* I'LL MEET YOU THERE by HEATHER DEMETRIOS *
One of my top three reads of 2015, go read it everyone if you haven't done so yet!





* MORNING STAR by PIERCE BROWN *
This book is full of incredible space battles and face-to-face fights. Absolute perfection!





* GOLDEN SON by PIERCE BROWN *
Profound and thought-provoking, this novel will rarely allow you to catch your breath with its fast-paced, nerve-wracking atmosphere and one twist after another. 





* SOME KIND OF PERFECT by KRISTA & BECCA RITCHIE *
I knew that it would be incredibly bittersweet to say final goodbye to characters from my all time favorite NA series but I seriously that I was ready. Truth is that I wasn’t. I cried. A lot.




* WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER by RAE CARSON *
 Slow paces but adventurous tale with a heroine to look up to and realistic teenage romance.





* ANNE OF GREEN GABLES series  &  HARRY POTTER series *
I spent my entire childhood reding and re-reading Anne of Green Gables and Harry Potter books. These are definitely stories that I will treasure forever.





* GAME OF THRONES by G.R.R. MARTIN *
Warewolves, horses, ravens, dragons...have your pick.





* SWEET THING by RENEE CARLINO *
I truly could not stand heroine (Mia Kelly) and there were plenty of moments when I considered simply DNFing this novel because of her behavior.







* LONG WAY DOWN by KRISTA & BECCA RITCHIE *
 Frienships in this book (series) is everything. It may be categorized as romance, but there is no denying that the main emphasis is on loyal and strong friendship between all main characters.





* NO LIMITS by MICHAEL PHELPS *
I used to swim competitively as a kid and teenager so Michael Phelps has always been some kind of legend and hero to me. I have wanted to read this book for ages so maybe I finally will this summer.



FEATURED BOOKS:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page) 

......
 ......



I TAG ALL OF YOU WHO LOVE TO WATCH SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OLYMPIC SPORT TO WATCH?
 

Never Miss a Post: 

Follow

author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.