Saturday 30 January 2016

MY 2016 BACKLIST TBR + JANUARY IN PICTURES (OR POST IN WHICH I CONFESSED TO MY TEA AND CANDLES ADDICTION)

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Hosted byTynga’s Reviews.



WORD COUNT: 650 084


According to How Long to Read I read 650 084 words in January. I got stuck almost for two weeks reading one book (not fun) so I didn't read much this month. Also, only now I realized that my January reading list consisted strictly of YA novels only. Interesting. 


GOODREADS CHALLENGE:


I plan to read (Game of Thrones) and re-read (Outlander, All Souls Trilogy) some big books in 2016 so I set my 2016 Reading Challenge to only 60 new books. And that's it. I refuse to stress myself this year when it comes to what and how much I am going to read.


MY 2016 BACKLIST TBR LIST: 



When I saw that girls at Cuddlebuggery book blog decided that 2016 will be the year when they defeat their backlist TBR, I knew that I had to join their challenge. Rules are quite simple. I have to pick twelve books that I didn't manage to read in past years and read them in 2016, one book a month to catch up on my ever-growing TBR. So far I'm doing well since I already read first book from the list - Illuminae. I can't wait to finally read the other books on my list!



WHAT I READ IN JANUARY:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

....

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (5 STARS)
Illuminae provided superb, addictive and unique reading experience. I absolutely loved it and I seriously can't wait for the sequel! 

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (5 STARS)
If you are looking for new captivating YA fantasy series, look no further. Here are five reasons that will make Truthwitch your next book-hungover-worthy read. 

Starbounds #2 and #3 by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner (2 STARS)
I have mixed feelings about this series. Some things I liked, some didn't sit well with me. Full reviews coming soon.

The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash (3.5 STARS)
This novel is super cute and nerdy (curdy!). And even though I wasn't blown away, I enjoyed reading it quite a lot. Full review later.


ARCs FOR REVIEW:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

..



MY MONTH IN PICTURES:


I think it's time to confess to my obsession with scented candles and teas from dried herbs and/or fruits and photo document it. I even contemplated to join Instagram but decided to share these only on blog for now. Here are teas, candles and books that ruled my January.

admiring my Six of Crows copy / red berries scented tea candles

favorite January reads / vanilla-orange scented tea candles / tea from milk green tea leaves from Shanghai

January reviews on the blog / tea from ginger root and honey


WHAT DID YOU MISS THIS MONTH?








WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF ABOVE MENTIONED BOOKS?
ANYONE ELSE HERE ALSO ADDICTED TO CANDLES/TEA?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.