Saturday 31 October 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES: OCTOBER 2015

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.



WORD COUNT: 991 402


According to How Long to Read I read 991 402 words in October. It's my new record!


E-BOOKS (READ):

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

...
...

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (4 STARS)
Pretty good YA coming-of-age story. As a fanfiction reader myself, it was very easy to connect with Cath, the narrator of this book. Recommended for all those who like nicely written and charming coming-of-age novels.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (3.5 STARS)
I have to admit that after reading Fangirl and Carry On I'm finally becoming fond of Rainbow Rowell's writing style. You can read my full review here.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (5 STARS)
The best fantasy of 2015. You can read my full review here.

Rikki by Abigail Strom (3 STARS)
Quick and cute leisure read for all those who enjoy enemies-to-lovers trope in romance genre. However, this story is very short and straightforward. It lacks deeper character development or more detailed insight into other characters' life. So overall, Rikki is good but average book with nothing that would make it stand out.

Commodity by Shay Savage (2 STARS)
If you are reader of romance and want something different with unique setting, go for it. But if you are avid reader of dystopian genre and require rich world-building, you probably won't be impressed.

Robotic writing full of clichés and cheesy lines. Eye-roll worthy characters. Plot brought nothing new, it was just constant back and forth with plenty of sex in between. I think it is time for me to make a clean break with erotic romance.

I have never felt so conflicted about book series. I enjoyed first book but struggled with sequel. I need to read final book before I pass my final judgment.


ARCs FOR REVIEW:

(pictures are linked to respective Goodreads page)

.



PURCHASED PRINT COPY:



Signed paperback copy of Skygods by Sarah Latchaw. 
I could not resist and had to buy one for myself!



WHAT DID YOU MISS THIS MONTH?


Blogging-wise, I got back in the groove after my hiatus in September. Beside traditional reviews and discussion post I have hosted GIVEAWAY for signed paperback so don't forget to enter! Moreover, I'm not sure if anybody noticed but I revamped my blog look a little bit. Changes aren't drastic ones but I feel better about my design at the moment. So what changed? I decided to go with minimalist look and picked super white background. I picked new icons, vectors and changed color scheme to black/light grey/light blue.







WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES RECENTLY?
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF ABOVE MENTIONED BOOKS?

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.