Monday 16 February 2015

REVIEW: Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie
(Calloway Sisters #1, Addicted #2.1)
Purchase: Amazon / B&N / BD

Genre: New Adult Contemporary

       
        
Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared.

Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy.

After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way.

Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity.
THIS BOOK IS RECOMMENDED FOR MATURE READERS AUDIENCES ONLY. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW ITSELF DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL.

MY REVIEW:




Logical and intelligent, Connor Cobalt looks at world in a very practical way. Controlled in obsessively compulsive way, Rose Calloway is embodiment of independent and ambitious woman. However, still a virgin, Rose is afraid to give herself to any man, even to her long-term boyfriend Connor. Two people who don't know defeat, who always want to win at everything. The couple, yet still the rivals. Now when outsider is step by step unraveling the sort-of-peace they created for their family and friends, will Rose and Connor finally stop fighting each other?


Lo's words from Addicted for Now (Addicted #2) could not be more precise. Connor Cobalt must be one of the most intriguing bookish characters I have ever encountered. Being in his head was complex and fascinating experience and I loved every moment of it. To tell the truth, until this book I had no idea who real Connor was. I was in constant state of being mesmerized by how his mind works. He always made me laugh as well. Did I mention how awesome character he is? I am in love.

Rose, Rose, Rose... how do I feel about her? I respect and admire her. She may come out as bold and insensitive, but she just wants to be strong enough to protect those she loves the most - her sisters. And I loved that about her. But the two of them together? Rose & Connor are explosive. Passionate. Unique. Their banters are golden. It may seem as paradox but for me, Rose & Connor are without the doubt the most interesting couple in whole series.

I have to admit that with all that reality show angle authors decided to pursue in this book, I was truly worried that it will turn into over the top drama. Fortunately, my worries were pointless. Krista & Becca Ritchie once again proved why they are my NA queens. They managed to develop their characters through out the book without changing their core features and I loved that. Kiss the Sky is my favorite instalment of this series and I can't wait for Rose's and Connor's story to continue in Fuel the Fire!

NOTE: Kiss the Sky can be read as a standalone. However, for the better reading experience, I would recommend reading Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie first. You can check timeline and suggested reading order here.

Never Miss a Post:

Follow
author image

Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

Lucia is 29 years old passionate reader and reviewer who enjoys talking about all bookish things. Currently she lives in Prague, works in business industry and dreams of starting her own publishing company. Her weakness? She can never say no to cake, coffee or good novel.